It’s no secret that many individuals aren’t a fan of Mondays. The alarm sounds after a weekend of leisure and you’re struggling to wake up. And regardless of the amount of sleep, most people still dread Monday morning and what seems like the never-ending work week. While taking a nap at work isn’t feasible, here’s a list of our favorite 5 ways to make your Monday easy to deal with.
- Make Monday night a ritual. Whether it is takeout night or watching DVR episodes of your favorite television shows, make the evening something you look forward to every night. If you have something to come home to, you won’t mind working throughout the day to get to your fun-filled night.
- Dress up. Looking your best will make you feel more ready for work. By wearing your new shoes or scarf, you will feel presentable, which makes you more likely to want to go to work in the first place.
- Prepare for Monday on Friday. If there’s something you do on Mondays that you dread, start preparing on Friday. Get a head start on the task, which will lighten your overall workload for the day. This will allow you to relax on the weekend knowing that you will have an easier Monday ahead.
- Let Monday be your cheat day. If you’re on a diet or just watching your food intake, make Monday your splurge day. If you’re going to feel miserable, at least load up on carbs or candy and do it guilt-free.
- Drink that extra cup of coffee (or three). There’s no shame in having an extra cup of joe. If coffee isn’t your thing then opt for a mug of tea. Ultimately, have whatever keeps you going on this first day of the work week.